Tuesday 15 April 2014

MySQL migration to MSSQL

I use a mix of database servers depending on what application / project I am working on, normally it will be either SQL Server (inc Express) or MySQL.

I find working with SQL statements in SQL Server Management Studio to be much easier than creating statements on the fly, so its useful to have a copy of the MySQL databases on my MSSQL server, previously I have manually created a new database with the tables / structure that I need to create my SQL statements.

That all changed when I came across Intelligent Converters (http://www.convert-in.com/)  They have a great bit of software that will copy databases from just about anything to anything, in this case MySQL to MSSQL (http://www.convert-in.com/sql2mss.htm) The trial version of the software is limited to copying only 5 records per table, that's perfect if you just want the structure of the tables, for $49 you can have the full version of the software and for $99 you can get the MySQL Migration Toolkit which will convert any data source to or from MySQL.

No comments:

Post a Comment