Thursday 10 February 2011

PHP IIS Got a whole lost easier

I can't remember if I’ve ever blogged about my problems setting PHP up on Windows under IIS, it can be a real headache... sometimes it works as per the documentation, other times (even on a clean server) it doesn't and I end up messing around with all kinds of settings and NTFS permissions, after several system reboots things finally start to work.

Recently I’ve been working on a project that involves using PHP and MSSQL (something I've not done before) it looks like php_mssql.dll is now history (up to PHP v5.2) the latest version of PHP uses a slightly different dll.

To my relief my latest PHP installation was a breeze, fire up the URL below, check all the stuff you want it to install and off it goes, all configured, all working (I wonder what the security is like)

http://www.microsoft.com/web/Downloads/platform.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment