Tuesday 27 April 2010

Free Antivirus

I see a lot of personal laptops of work colleges and friends and I am always surprised by the number of people not running an anti virus. Now days it seems you need a good antivirus and a good anti spyware. Very few antivirus packages provide both. There are a now a number of free antivirus products on the market; many years ago it was just AVG but recently products like Avast! and Avira’s AntiVir I always take online antivirus statistics with a pinch of salt, and I much prefer to go with personal experience. If you have the cash I’d recommend going with ESET NOD32 and also something like Prevx, I happen to be a reseller for both these products (Surprising that I’m recommending them then?) However if you don’t want to spend money, then I’d recommend going for Avira’s AntiVir. The only drawback to the free version of their product is the rather annoying popup adverts. Check out the AV Comparatives tests at http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests

No comments:

Post a Comment